Are you caring for a child that’s between 2 and 12 and consistently doesn’t listen to your requests? Are you tired of repeating the same thing over and over again, when you know your child already knows the routine? Are you a parent, caregiver, or educator to a child with ADHD?
This workshop teaches you what causes defiant behavior in kids, and the principles of building better behaviour patterns. Share stories and learn best practices and start creating positive change!
- Being proactive in establishing new ways to think and act
- Addressing behavior issues at home, school and public places
- Using rewards and incentives that actually work
- Discovering the power of positive attention and praise
- Staying calm and consistent at the most challenging of times
Register and pay for a class
What is the program like?
You’ll experience a combination of educational information, support and perspective from others in similar situations, discussion with other group members, and training to develop your behaviour management skill sets. Material is based on the book Your Defiant Child by Russell Barkley and Christine Benton.
How do I participate?
For upcoming workshop dates, see the calendar below. For more information or to register, call Marlene at 845-473-2500, extension 1309.