The Teen Challenge Program is for at risk youth, ages 14-18, with a mental health diagnosis and who are in counseling. Some challenges teens might face today include: low self- esteem, lack of social skills, isolation, and needing further development of life skills and education. The Teen Challenge Program addresses these challenges in a safe environment with staff that are welcoming and relatable. The Teen Challenge Program meets weekly to participate in life skills lessons, community service and recreation.
GOALS and SERVICES:
- Weekly group Life Skills lessons oriented to personal , career and wellness self -management
- One on one meetings and phone calls are available for the Teen Challenge members to discuss challenges and issues
- Civic engagement through community service opportunities
- Socialization through fun activities and recreation
- Opportunities to build leadership skills
WHAT IS IT LIKE?
You will have an opportunity to meet new teens, engage in group learning, recreation and participate in community engagement through service. You will gain knowledge, experience, support, and access to resources when needed. Group learning is a key part of this program, so you must be comfortable with a group setting.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
To receive a referral, get more information, or discuss whether your situation is a good fit, please call Kelly at 845-473- 2500 ext. 1353.