The Teen Challenge Program is for at-risk youth ages 14-18. Some challenges teens may face today include: low self-esteem, lack of social skills, advancement of education, further development of life skills and/or job placement. The program addresses these possible challenges through weekly life skills curriculum meetings; vocational/educational mentoring for jobs and education; and community engagement involving community service projects.
Goals and Services:
- Holistic approach tailored to your unique situation
- Life skills training oriented on employment, continued education, and/or wellness self-management
- One-on-one interviews to discuss challenges & issues
- Encouraging civic engagement through community service opportunities
- Socialization through fun activities and recreation
- Increasing leadership skills
What is it like?
You’ll get a mix of one-on-one time with program leaders, group learning with other participants, and interactions with the community. You’ll gain knowledge, experience, support, and access to resources to help. Group learning is a key part of this program, so you must be comfortable with a group setting!
How do I participate?
To register, get more information, or discuss whether your situation is a good fit, please call Kelly at 845-473-2500 x1353.