Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie New York
Full Time 35 hours per week.
- Meet with veterans individually and/or with families to provide support and advocacy as needed; discuss findings and impressions with supervisor; present and explain program to individual and/or family; secure required documentation; address concerns and questions; manage expectations
- Provide service in-home or out-of-home on days and times specified, in accordance with agreements made; consult with supervisor about issues involving possible interventions or uncertainty; provide appropriate referrals.
- Collaborate with Program Manager in setting up quarterly recreation/socialization activities for veterans, their families, and other stakeholders (advisory board, staff, etc.)
- Must be veteran; combat veteran preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Self-starting, motivated individual able to work flexible hours.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
- All prospective staff are screened for criminal background, including the NYS Child Abuse Registry and NYS Justice Center Exclusion List..
- An understanding of the population being served, its needs, intervention strategies, culture, and available services.