Mental Health First Aid
Registration Open for April 14 (virtual)
All other dates currently sold out - thank you!
Registration Deadline: 3/17/23
Cost: Covered by MHANYS Grant
Seat cost $23.95
Course workbook $9.95
Program manual $18.95
Trainer: Alyssa Carrion, Program Manager SSG Fox SPGP
Dates | Schedule:
Weds, 3/22/2023, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Virtual)
Weds, 3/29/2023, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (In-Person)
Friday, 4/14/2023, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Virtual)
You will only need to register for and attend 1 day (1 session).
Virtual (instructions provided after registration)
In-Person (MHA HQ at 253 Mansion St, Poughkeepsie NY)
The Virtual Mental Health First Aid Course (2 hours self-paced; 6.5 hours Instructor-led virtual) focuses on recognizing the patterns of thoughts, feelings, behaviors, and appearance that show there might be a mental health challenge. Participants are taught an Action Plan that they apply to non-crisis and crisis situations. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of Mental Health First Aid and the role of the Mental Health First Aider.
- Identify the impact of mental health challenges on the well-being of adults in the U.S.
- Explain that recovery from a mental health challenge is possible.
- Describe the principles of safety and privacy for both the Mental Health First Aider and the person receiving first aid.
- Explain the 5 steps of the MHFA Action Plan (ALGEE).
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of mental health challenges that may impact adults. Evaluate the impact of early intervention on mental health challenges.
- Apply the appropriate steps of the MHFA Action Plan (ALGEE) when a person shows early signs of a mental health challenge.
- Apply the appropriate steps of the MHFA Action Plan (ALGEE) when a person shows worsening signs of a mental health challenge.
- Apply the appropriate steps of the MHFA Action Plan (ALGEE) to crisis situations.
- Choose appropriate methods for self-care following the application of Mental Health First Aid in a crisis or non-crisis situation
Register & Pay
Registration for April 14th is Open
Contact Alyssa for more info
(845) 473-2500 x1306
or email acarrion(at)mhadutches(dot)org