Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Veterans Program Manager
Full Time 35 hours week
Overview of Duties:
The VPM will manage the VET-TAP (Veterans Employment Training and Transition Assistance Program), operating within MHA’s Veterans Programs. The VET-TAP Program Manager will oversee and operate a robust program, offering employment-assistance for Dutchess County Veterans.
The VET-TAP Program assists Dutchess County Veterans in all aspects of employment, including resume building, job hunting, job applications, interview preparation, etc. The program also offers local Veterans to gain licenses and certifications in various fields, to broaden their employment marketability.
Qualifications will be as follows:
- Applicant will be a Veteran of the Armed Forces of the United
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including conflict
- Strong computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational and time-management Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Subscribes to MHADC values of person-centered, strengths-based, culturally sensitive, and trauma-informed service provision.
- Must possess a clean and valid driver's
- Experience with mental health and/or addiction services
- All prospective staff are screened for criminal background, including the NYS Child Abuse Registry and NYS Justice Center Exclusion