Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below. 

Poughkeepsie, New York

Supportive Care Manager

Supportive Care Manager/Full Time 35 hrs week

Pay Starting at $26.92-$28.02/hr

Job description

The Supportive Care Manager is hired to provide services in the community and coordinate services and support for people diagnosed with mental illness.

The Supportive Care Manager will assist assigned clients to live successfully in the community by exploring, understanding and attaining services need by assigned clients.

The SCM will work with the clients towards goals identified by the referring mental health professional as well as secondary goals identified with the client.  These goals will be to increase the clients independence and general level of functioning in regards to living, learning, working and socialization.  The SCM will work towards decreasing hospital and ER visits.

EXPERIENCE:  Two years of experience:

  1. In providing direct services to people with serious mental illness, developmental disabilities, or substance use disorders, or
  2. In linking individuals with serious mental illness, developmental disabilities, or substance use disorders to a broad range of services essential to successful living in a community setting (e.g. medical, psychiatric, social, educational, legal, housing and financial services).

A master’s degree in one of the qualifying education fields may be substituted for one year of experience.


  1. A bachelor’s degree in one of the fields listed below*, or
  2. A NYS teacher’s certificate for which a bachelor’s degree is required, or
  3. NYS licensure and registration as a Registered Nurse and a bachelor’s degree,.or
  4. A bachelor’s level education or higher in any field with five years of experience working directly with persons with behavioral health diagnoses, or
  5. A Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC).

*Qualifying education includes degrees featuring a major or concentration in social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreation or recreation therapy, counseling, community mental health, child and family studies, sociology, speech and hearing or other human services field.

Scroll to Top