Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Full Time 35 Hours per week
- Use lived experience intentionally to build authentic relationships.
- Follow department peer support service delivery protocols.
- Attend supervision with supervisor once a week.
- Have working knowledge of Peer Core Compentencies and Harm Reduction.
- Interest and ability to preform outreach with vulnerable populations.
- Educate participants in multiple pathways of recovery paradigm,
- Be a positive role-model and mentor.
- Be a bridge for participants as they transition along the continuum of care.
- Assist participants with applying for benefits, entitlements, and other supports.
- Provide outreach and advocacy to help participants connect with desired services.
- Assist peer participants in the development of a personal self-directed recovery plan.
- Work with participants to identify strengths and provide non-clinical crisis support.
- Link participants to formal recovery supports, community resources, and support services.
- Identify and support linkages to community resources that support the peer participant’s goals and interests.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED
- CARC, CPRA-P or CRPA registered through the New York Certification Board
- Competency in computers and ability to navigate electronic health record systems (EHR).
- Working knowledge of community resources, mental health, social services, and self-help programs.