Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Program Assistant Living Room Program
Per Diem/ $18.00/hr
- The Program Assistant performs the day-to-day operations of the Living Room Program and interacts with other agencies and the community in order to make proper and appropriate client referrals.
- A desire to help homeless people, ability to approach them to determine what their recovery needs are and to help them achieve them.
- Basic peer counseling skills.
- Ability to be assertive in order to motivate, organize, and set boundaries for clients.
- Crisis intervention skills and ability to react in a crisis.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some work experience in the Human Services field is a plus.
- Having experienced homelessness and related life problems is preferred.