Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
- Meets with HCBS participants on a 1:1 basis in home and/or community to provide Empowerment- Peer Support Services
- Participate in person-centered goal planning that incorporates the values and principles of HCBS as well as the individual’s life areas, such as community connectedness, development of natural resources, physical and mental health wellness, education, employment, and self-help
- Conduct intakes and assessments, create individualized service plans and document progress
- Carry a caseload of participants and assist them in meeting their goals and objectives as outlined on their individualized service plan
- There are 6 categories of peer-support components. They include:
- Outreach and Engagement
- Self Help Tools
- Recovery Supports
- Transitional Supports
- Pre-Crisis and Crisis Supports
- HS Diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years’ experience working with individuals with SUD disorders and/or SMI or a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Peer support providers must have one of the following:
- New York State Certified Peer Specialist credential (can be provisional), or
- New York Certified Recovery Peer Advocate credential (can be provisional)