Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
LPN MARC Crisis Center
Full Time 2nd Shift
- Screen all appropriate patients who are requesting services.
- Perform required baseline assessments on all admissions and complete documentation in chart, particularly if medical referral is needed.
- Observe and document condition and progress on all patients according to policies, with increased observations if a patient is becoming medically unstable or is unable to meet his/her nutritional needs.
- Provide necessary emergency care and arrange proper transfer to the emergency room with verbal and written documentation of present symptoms.
- Monitor patients medication prescribed by physicians in compliance with written orders.
- Assist in motivational counseling and recreational activities.
- Interact with patients and referral resources in a respectful and professional manner.
- Complete paperwork as required, including chart entries, written communication to referral sources, and computer data.
- Administer observed breath and urine screening for alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
- At least one year’s experience in medical care, to include emergency care.
- Working knowledge of the disease of alcohol, chemical dependency and recovery.
- Ability to interact positively with chemically dependent patients and fellow staff.
- Ability to prepare simple meals and perform general housekeeping chores.