Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Full Time 35 hours week, excellent benefits package.
- Landscaping and Grounds keeping
- Performs repairs as assigned that involve basic skills in carpentry, including framing, insulation and sheetrock
- Perform basic electrical tasks such as replacing outlets, light fixtures, light switches, signage lights, outdoor parking lot lighting and ballasts.
- Perform basic plumbing tasks such as replacing faucets, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Use of hand and electric tools, wall repair and painting, and appliance repairs.
- Ensures monitoring of all systems including water, HVAC, electrical, fire safety, and environmental.
- Ensures prompt corrective measures for all identified hazards.
- Knowledge of building and NYS code compliance
- Responsible for applications for building permits
- Completion of work orders for assigned location.
- Moves office furniture and equipment as directed.
- Participation in seasonal on-call snow & ice removal
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum Work Related Experience: 1-4 years
- Construction skills such as carpentry, painting, masonry, plumbing, and electrical a plus
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills for fixing maintenance issues
- Organizational and time management skills
- Physical strength and dexterity to lift up to 75lbs, move and handle equipment stand on their feet for long periods
- Valid N.Y.S. Driver’s License
- Must be able to work independently and as a team