Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Counselor Full Time
Looking to hire Full Time Counselors. Must have one of the following credentials.
- Provide counseling, case management, and advocacy for a caseload of individuals living in OASAS residential treatment service.
- Timely documentation of progress notes, psycho-socials, treatment plans, discharge planning and other required paperwork.
- Monitor and evaluate resident’s performance of his/her treatment, educational, vocational, and rehabilitation goals.
- Assist and oversee residents with self-administration of medication.
- Administer routine and random breathalyzer tests and rapid multi-panel drug screens.
- Conduct routine and random searches of resident’s personal property.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- OASAS credentialing as a counselor CASAC, (CASAC-T credentialing will be considered with relevant experience/background) Or,
- Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Occupational Therapist
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Mental Health Counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Creative Arts Therapist
- Extensive knowledge of local resources and services.
- Experience of at least two years working in the field of chemical dependency.