Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Certified Recovery Coach Peer Advocate
Full Time 35 hours week, excellent benefits package.
The Recovery Coach/Peer Advocate participates as a member of the treatment team who uses their personal lived experience to promote client recovery by offering support, advocacy, and skill development opportunities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach clients recovery skills based on shared life experiences, role-modeling, and mentoring.
- Educate program participants about various pathways to recovery.
- Work with participants to identify strengths and provide non-clinical crisis support.
- Provide outreach and advocacy to help clients connect with desired services.
- Identify and support linkages to community resources that support the client’s goals and interests.
- Facilitate in-house support groups and perform timely documentation of notes.
- Accompany clients to appointments as needed.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC), Certified Peer Peer Advocate (CRPA-P, CRPA) registered through the New York Certification Board.
- Competency in computers and ability to navigate electronic health record systems (EHR).
- Working knowledge of community resources, mental health, social services, and self-help programs