Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
CASA Volunteer Supervisor
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
Part Time 25 hrs per week
- Assist with volunteer recruitment.
- Screen and interview prospective volunteers.
- Schedule, coordinate and attend all training classes, assisting or acting as moderator and/or presenter.
- Assist with development of training materials.
- Coordinate, document and channel all CASA requests until resolution.
- Match CASA cases with an appropriate volunteer in consultation with the CASA Program Manager.
- Initiate orders for assignment of volunteer to case.
- Consult with CASA volunteers about problems and concerns.
- Attend docket calls on all cases under Volunteer Supervisor’s supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service-related field or 3 years experience in volunteer coordination and/or work in a social services related field.
- Ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their role.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds with tact and understanding.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- An understanding of education advocacy preferred.