Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Full Time 40 Hours a week
Job Description: The Addiction Counselor provides counseling, case management, and advocacy for a caseload of individuals living in an OASAS certified residential treatment facility.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform timely documentation of progress notes, psycho-socials, treatment & discharge plans.
- Monitor and evaluate residents’ progress in treatment toward achieving life skills and rehabilitative goals.
- Provide coordination of care in collaboration with various community-based treatment providers.
- Participate in case conference meetings and in-service trainings.
- Occasionally assist with self-administration of medication, drug screens, and searches of resident’s personal property.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Valid driver’s license and successful completion of a background check.
- CASAC-T, CASAC, or a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services and successful completion of an OASAS approved Introductory Training in Addictions within three (3) months of employment.
- Working knowledge of community resources, mental health, social services, and self-help programs.
- Proficient with electronic health record systems (EHR).
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC) and Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists (CTRS) may also apply.