Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Job Description: The Addiction Counselor provides counseling, case management, and advocacy for a caseload of individuals living in an OASAS certified residential treatment facility.
- Valid driver’s license and successful completion of a background check.
- CASAC-T, CASAC, or a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services and successful completion of an OASAS approved Introductory Training in Addictions within three (3) months of employment.
- Working knowledge of community resources, mental health, social services, and self-help programs.
- Proficient with electronic health record systems (EHR).
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC) and Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists (CTRS) may also apply.