Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Addiction Counselor Permanent Supportive Housing
Part Time 17.5 hours per week
- Provide counseling, case management, and advocacy for a caseload of individuals and families living in an OASAS scattered-site apartment program.
- Timely documentation of progress notes, psycho-socials, treatment plans, discharge planning and other required paperwork.
- Monitor apartments for cleanliness and safety on a regular basis.
- Administer routine and random breathalyzer tests and rapid multi-panel drug screens.
- Monitor and evaluate resident’s performance of his/her treatment, educational, vocational, and rehabilitation goals.
- Serve as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- CASAC-T, CASAC, or minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services field of study and obtain professional license within 3 years in one of the following professions: LMSW, LMHC, LMFT, or LCAT.
- Working knowledge of community resources, mental health, social services, and self-help programs.
- Proficient with electronic health record systems (EHR).
- Knowledge of OASAS regulations and Client Data System (CDS).