Mental Health America of Dutchess County is so proud to be able to provide this as a new service to veterans in Dutchess County. The program has just started but you will find Program Manager Robert Jennings, (845) 473-2500 x1306, and Program Assistant Adam Roche, x1307, already out in the community.
VET2VET: VETERANS’ PEER SERVICES
Supported by the Joseph P. Dwyer Veterans Peer Funding
The program is for veterans of Dutchess County and available to all veterans and their families. We provide services to veterans from all eras, without restriction as to discharge date, type of discharge, or dependency status.
- A network of Peer Support Groups, facilitated by a veteran
- CompeerCORPS, a one-to-one peer mentoring program that matches veterans with veterans
- Referral to services addressing PTSD, suicide and suicidal ideation, TBI, depression, and other issues
- Case management: advocacy, support, and connection to resources for veterans and/or their families
- Socialization activities for veterans and their families
- Liaison with other veterans’ services
WHAT IS COMPEERCORPS?
The Compeer program matches adult clients in mental health recovery with screened, trained, and caring community volunteers in one-to-one supportive relationships. CompeerCORPS adapts the original Compeer model to connect veterans who have mental health challenges, or are struggling to reintegrate into their community, with other veterans who are also screened and trained, in the same kind of supportive friendship.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Spread the Word If you know a veteran who could benefit from a support group of his or her peers, who might need some case management, who would enjoy socializing with other veterans, whose family could use some advocacy and support – call us! (845) 473-2500 x1306
Read and share the brochure, download the PDF.
Read the press release from the office of Senator Sue Serino “PFC Dwyer program comes to Dutchess County“.
VET2VET ON FACEBOOK
Visit www.facebook.com/DutchessVet2Vet where you will find regular updates from Vet2Vet separate from MHADC’s main Facebook page. You can track different events and share your experiences with Robert and Adam directly.