Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Full Time 35 hrs week. MHA offers and excellent benefits package.
Job Description: The Vocational Specialist provides counseling, case management, and advocacy to a caseload of individuals living in an OASAS certified residential treatment facility.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct educational/vocational assessments to evaluate employment readiness.
- Collaborate with client and treatment team to develop vocational and educational rehabilitation goals.
- Provide individual & group counseling to develop work-related decision-making, preparedness, and life skills.
- Provide support to employed clients and provide referrals & linkages as needed.
- Assist client with obtaining necessary employment eligibility documentation as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various community based vocational, educational, and employment support services.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services field of study and one (1) year of experience in providing workforce development and/or vocational counseling services.
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC) and Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists (CTRS) may also apply.