Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Veterans Peer Specialist
Full Time (35 hrs week) and Part Time (20 hrs week) positions available.
The Peer Specialist will develop and facilitate specialized programming for the SSG Fox Program in collaboration with the Program Manager. The Peer Specialist will participate in person-centered goal planning that incorporates the values and principles of MHADC Veterans Programs as well as the individual’s life areas, such as community connectedness, development of natural resources, physical and mental health wellness, education, employment, and self-help.
- Must be veteran
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Must get Peer Specialist Certification within 6 months of hire
- Self-starting, motivated individual able to work flexible hours.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
- An understanding of the population being served, its needs, intervention strategies, culture, and available services.