Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Teen Challenge Program Assistant
This position is 10 hours per week with the opportunity to work more hours if interested in working as an Hourly Respite Worker.
Duties: The Program Assistant assists the Teen Challenge Program Specialist in operating the Teen Challenge Program, meeting weekly for curriculum based life skills, community service activities and recreation. The Teen Challenge Program serves youth, ages 14-18, diagnosed with Social, emotional and behavioral disabilities and are in counseling. In addition, the Program Assistant provides transportation for members to and from the program.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of recreational activities and child development required.
- Experience working with children with Social, Emotional and Behavioral Challenges preferred.
- Self- starting, motivated individual, able to work flexible hour s.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skill required
- Must have with at least 3 years driving experience.