Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Part Time 17.5 hrs week
The Respite Worker provides individual respite and skill building services to a variety of children with severe emotional, social, or behavioral disorders. The Respite Worker may also take responsibility for various different areas of Respite programming and activities, as well as general program assistance as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of recreational activities and child development required.
- Experience working with families with children with social, emotional and behavioral disabilities preferred.
- Self-starting, motivated individual able to work flexible hours.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Must have three years’ experience driving with own license.