Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Recovery Coach-Peer Advocate
Full Time 40 hours week, excellent benefits package.
The Recovery Coach/Peer Advocate participates as a member of the Recovery team, providing services to people with behavioral health challenges and linking them to needed services and resources. Peers use their personal lived experience to promote client recovery by offering support, advocacy, and skill development opportunities. The majority of interactions take place face-to-face. Documentation of the services provided is required, and peers must be certified.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check review.
- High School Diploma or GED
- CARC, CPRA-P or CRPA registered through the New York Certification Board
- Competency in computers and ability to navigate electronic health record systems (EHR).
- Working knowledge of community resources, mental health, social services, and self-help programs.