Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Part Time 25 Hours week
- Cook and prepare meals for clients living in a residential program.
- Assist in menu planning, inventory, and ordering of food.
- Maintain a clean, safe, orderly, and sanitary kitchen.
- Perform daily cleaning of all kitchen preparation areas, and appliances as needed.
- Enforce and support all program rules regarding use of kitchen by residents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Director.
- One year of institutional cooking experience in a facility of comparable size if preferred, but not necessary.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check review.
- Ability to prepare food tastefully, nutritionally, and attractively.
- Competence in menu planning, food budgeting, storage, and sanitary procedures.
- Ability to constructively oversee residents assisting with food preparation, service, cleanup, and other related tasks.
- Ability to work closely with others and to communicate clearly.