Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Program Specialist HERO Program
Part Time 21 hours per week.
The HERO (Housing, Employment, Reintegration and Outreach) Program Specialist (HPS) will act as the assistant to the HERO Program Manager and be trained on all aspects of the HERO Program. The purpose of the HERO Program is to provide services to homeless Veterans or Veterans in danger of becoming homeless by finding permanent housing. These Services include financial help, and many referral services to aid in finding employment, transportation, food, furniture and any other essentials needed to establish permanent housing.
- Applicant will be an Honorably Discharged Veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including conflict resolution.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills. Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Subscribes to MHADC values of person-centered, strengths-based, culturally-sensitive, and trauma-informed service provision.
- Must possess a clean and valid driver’s license.
- All prospective applicants will be screened for background checks as well as processed through the child abuse registry.
- Experience or education in human or social services preferred.