Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Part time 10 hours week.
The Medical Director is a member of the leadership team responsible for the general provision and administration of medical care at a 14-bed non-hospital based residential addiction treatment center. Duties and responsibilities can be performed predominantly by telehealth with support from staff consisting of LPN’s and a supervising RN. Some onsite duties will be required as needed to meet the emergent needs of the resident population receiving services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessment, diagnosis, and prescription of treatment for patients experiencing mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms.
- Conduct physical and psychiatric examinations as needed.
- Collaborate and coordinate with outside treatment providers as needed.
- Occasional participation in administrative and quality improvement committee
- Contribute to the development and revision of medical policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and advancement of relationships with other medical treatment providers.
Qualifications and Credentials:
- Hold current licensure through the NYS Education Department in one of following fields of practice: Physician (MD or DO), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
- Obtain board certification in addiction medicine from a certifying entity appropriate to their primary or specialty board certification within four (4) years of employment.
- Hold a federal DATA 2000 waiver (buprenorphine-certified).
- NYS Justice Center and OASAS background check.
- Maintain active unrestricted federal and state DEA registration.