Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Full Time 40 hours week, excellent benefits package.
Job Description: The Medical Director will be a member of the leadership team, in addition to being responsible for the overall medical direction of the Division of Addiction Services integrated programs. The Medical Director will provide clinical and administrative supervision to medical staff, develop protocols and policies, develop, and maintain community relationships. The Medical Director provides primary medical oversight to the Chemical Dependency Crisis Center (CDCC), along with general oversight to three community residential programs. The Medical Director will also participate in administrative, quality improvement, and incident review committee meetings. Experience in Substance Use Disorders (SUD) services is preferred. The Medical Director will support recovery by providing and promoting services that reflect our mission and values that include the recognition of individual rights for self-determination, choice, shared decision-making, and collaboration. When possible he/she will utilize and promote evidence-based practices; always embracing a recovery-oriented, trauma-informed and person-centered approach.
Qualifications and Credentials:
- Hold current licensure through the NYS Education Department in one of following fields of practice: Physician (MD or DO), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Physician Assistant (PA)
- Obtain board certification in addiction medicine from a certifying entity appropriate to their primary or specialty board certification within four (4) years of employment.
- Obtain a federal DATA 2000 waiver (buprenorphine-certified) within six (6) months of employment.
- Experience with electronic health record systems (EHR).
- Knowledge of OASAS and DOH regulations.
- Must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
- Must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
- Must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
- Must maintain an active license in good standing to practice in New York State.
- Must maintain an active unrestricted federal and state DEA registration.