Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
LMSW/LCSW Mobile Crisis
MHA Mobile Crisis Team is looking for a full-time LMSW/LCSW to work the 3-11pm shift. The clinician will be working with multidisciplinary team and community-based agencies to provide clinical assessment and evaluation to youth, adults and families in immediate behavioral health crisis.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Conduct risk assessments, mental status examinations.
- Provide short-term crisis intervention and stabilization services to adults, children, adolescents and their families in the home or community (wherever the individual is experiencing a crisis).
- Analyze information to identify action plan, which includes crisis stabilization plan, safety and crisis prevention plans, and plan for follow-up.
- Consult with team and supervisor as appropriate. Document information in accordance with applicable standards.
- Coordinate with community resources for collateral input and follow-up care, including referrals for substance abuse assessment and treatment.
- Conduct wellness checks (home/community visits) to identified clients.
- Plan for safety, crisis prevention/management, and continuing care.
- Assists with recommendations and referrals for the crisis responder case manager to conduct follow-up services to ensure continuity of care.
- Collaborates with First responders, Health Homes, Hospitals and Community/treatment providers to develop an integrated plan of care including mental health, physical health, and substance abuse services.
• Master's degree and at least four (4) years post-graduate behavioral health and crisis stabilization experience is preferred.
• Candidates must be Licensed or working toward licensure in any of the following: Licensed Master Social worker (LMSW); Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
• Must possess valid NYS driver's license .