Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Per Diem Program Assistant
Per Diem positions open.
- Assist in maintaining the day-to-day operations of the residential program.
- Provide support for therapeutic groups/activities as needed.
- Model healthy boundaries and social skills within the program milieu.
- Document notable and/or significant interactions & observations with residents in the shift logbook.
- Provide general direction and support to residents and assist with daily living activities.
- Accountable for resident population at curfew and security of the premises.
- Coordinate early morning activities (rising, breakfast, transportation, etc.) and evening/weekend activities.
- Perform security checks and rounds.
- Administer routine and random drug screenings.
- Perform routine and random searches for contraband.
- Supervise self-administration of medication.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Experience with direct care in a community residential setting.
- Experience in addiction services preferred.
- Ability to relate constructively with an adult population in a community residential setting.
- Ability to maintain consistent and accurate implementation of Policies and Procedures.