Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Case Manager MCIT
Full Time 35 hours per week. 3pm to 11pm.
MHA offers a great benefits package.
We have an opening for a Case Manager to join our Mobile Crisis Team. The Case Manager will be working with a team of professionals and community-based agencies — to stabilize a psychiatric crisis, avoid hospitalization and/or incarceration, and initiate immediate community-based treatment. These evaluations are performed in homes, hospitals, community and mobile-based milieus. Shifts will include daytime, after hours, on call and weekends.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Establishing and implementing a plan to successfully engage clients in relevant services and other resources.
- Engage in advocacy for adults, children, adolescents and families served as appropriate.
- Providing follow-up services (as needed) aimed at establishing linkage to services for program participants, developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with programs providing services for the population served.
- Advocating for clients' access to community resources and services, ensuring that clients' needs are met and rights maintained; consult and collaborate with community providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Participating in supervision, program meetings and in-service trainings; participate in clinical reviews and case conferences for clients on caseload.
- Participating in verbal de-escalation in emergent situations and be able and willing to assist other staff as needed to maintain a safe, secure environment.
Associates degree in human services preferred. Ideal candidate should have two years of experience and skills working in a mental health setting . Familiar with working with adults, children, and families.