Mental Health America Dutchess County is an equal opportunity employer. Come join our dedicated team helping individuals and families with all aspects of mental wellness. To apply for this position, please click on the apply button below.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Counseling, management and advocacy at Dowling House which is a residence for both men and women. The Counselor will serve as part of a interdisciplinary team. Assist in overall management of all programs and operations which includes:
- Responsible for the case management of residents including timely documentation of progress reports or treatment plans, care reviews and discharge planning.
- Participate in the intake process and completion of a psychosocial evaluation
- Counsel residents in dealing more effectively with problem areas as documented on the treatment/service plan, as well as in day-to-day community issues.
- Monitor and evaluate resident’s performance towards his/her treatment goals.
- Communicate pertinent changes in resident status to other staff through case conference.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Reports to the Program Director.
- OASAS credentialing as a counselor CASAC or CASAC-T credentialing will be considered with relevant experience background.
- Cultural sensitivity demonstrated by relevant prior experience working with the population served by the Mid Hudson Addiction Recovery Centers Inc.
- Knowledge of local resources and services.
- Experience of at least one year working in the field of chemical dependency.
- Maintenance of chemical dependency expertise through inservices/continuing education, supervision and/or case conferences.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.